A supervised hour of sport followed by 45 minutes for food. Hosted on Sundays - starting on the hour between 11am and 3pm.
The most popular choice is Football. Other sports available are Uni-hockey, tag rugby or netball. Also available, and ideal for younger children, is a Fun Fitness party which includes one or two sport choices, races, and optional parachute games.
If after consulting the FAQ section below you still have a question, you would like to check a date, or wish to make a booking please call 01452 864157 Mon- Fri (after 12 noon). A member of staff will take your details and assist with your booking. We will then post confirmation of your booking and your party invitations to you.
The party includes the supervised sports hour and meal. The cost is £10 per child. The maximum number of children, including the Birthday Child, is 16. There is a minimum charge of £100 (10 children).
You only pay for the number of children who attend on the day - if you were expecting 16 children but only 14 attend you only pay for 14 children.
There is no requirement to pay a deposit. Payment is to be made in full on the day of the party by credit/debit card or cash.
Served with chips and with jelly and ice-cream to follow. Orange squash and table water is provided.
The children's meal choice is taken upon arrival
At least 48 hours' notice will assist with the availability of suitable products for special dietary requirements. Product labelling is available for inspection upon request. Unless notified, we will understand that no special dietary needs are to be catered for.
Clients are not permitted to provide their own catering unless to meet special dietary purposes. A parent of a child with a food allergy must remain in attendance throughout the party.
- Please ensure invitations are marked with the correct start and finish time and, as the ‘host parent’,
please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your start time.
- On arrival, you will be greeted and shown to your party room.
- Don’t forget to bring your party cake, candles, serviettes for cake wrapping and your party bags.
- Please do not bring ‘party-poppers’
- “Happy Birthday” is sung between courses to allow time to cut the cake. We are happy to slice and
wrap the cake on your behalf or provide you with the utensils to do this yourself.
- As the host parent, you must remain in attendance throughout the party to escort children to and
from the toilet and supervise them whilst eating. Catering staff are on hand to serve the meals only.
- Children not participating or choosing to ‘sit-out’ of an activity remain the responsibility of the host
- Participation in sport is fun but also carries a risk for potential injury. Children participating implies
acceptance of such risk by their parents. Children should dress appropriately for sport, trainers are
ideal for footwear. Jewellery and spectacles should be removed.. Bentham Country Club cannot be
held responsible for any injury sustained unless negligence is proven on our part.
- The Activity Coordinator reserves the right to exclude a child from part or all of the activities if their
participation endangers the safety, well-being or enjoyment of either your guests or that of
We trust you find this FAQ section helpful - please feel free to call 01452 864157 Mon - Fri (after 12 noon) for further assistance, check a date or to make a booking - thank you.
Are the activities indoors or outdoors?
- The sports take place indoors - inside our air dome. The children eat their meal in one of our reception rooms in the main clubhouse.
How long have you been hosting children's parties?
- We have over 25 years experience of hosting children's sports parties and have enjoyed families returning year on year.
Can we provide our own catering?
- The party package includes the sports hour and two course meal. As per industry norm, clients are not permitted to provide their own catering. The exception is to meet a specific dietary requirement of a guest.
What does a sports party actually involve?
- The party coordinator supervises the children throughout the hour of sport. A warm up tag related game precedes quickly organising teams and then enjoying the sport(s) of choice. At half time, a drink for each child is provided. The coordinator will "tune in" to the age of the children. A 6th Birthday may see emphasis on encouragement throughout the hour, a 13th Birthday may well see the Coordinator role playing as a Referee!
Why is there a maximum of 16 children?
- Keeping the number of children to a maximum of 16 promotes the opportunity for every child to have a good go at the chosen sport(s) and time 'on the ball'. It also keeps the cost to a maximum of £160 for Mum & Dad!